Dozens of police officers quit jobs in western Aleppo; Trump discusses response to explosion against US soldiers in Manbij

تحرير عبيدة النبواني | ترجمة معن سلطي | تحرير الترجمة Vera Halvorsen 🕔 تم النشر بتاريخ : 17 يناير، 2019 1:11:43 م تقرير دوليعسكريإغاثي وإنساني هيئة تحرير الشام

Field and local developments:

Dozens of Free Police officers in the city of Atarib, western Aleppo, Northern Syria, quit their jobs on Wednesday due to the latest developments in the area, after the Islamist faction Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) gained control of the region and asked them to work under its administration.

On Thursday, the Free Police in the nearby HTS-controlled Idlib governorate announced a suspension of work until further notice. However, several of the Idlib Free Police departments announced that they will continue working despite the announcement, including Maarrat al-Nu'man, Kafr Takharim, and Kafruma police departments.

The Free Health Directorate in the governorate of Idlib, Northern Syria, said that it will launch a campaign to put pressure on the German Technical Cooperation Agency (GTZ) to cancel its decision to suspend the health directorate's funding. The directorate serves about 80 thousand people in about 33 hospitals every month.

On Tuesday, the GTZ suspended its support of medical projects in the Free Health Directorates of Aleppo, Hama, Latakia, and Idlib until further notice. The staff of the directorates continued to work voluntarily.

On Wednesday, the United States President Donald Trump discussed with US chiefs of staff and military commanders the response to the explosion that killed four US soldiers and injured four others in the city of Manbij, eastern Aleppo. The explosion, which the Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for, killed and injured several Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) members and civilians.

The explosion coincided with the US withdrawal of military equipment from Syria before completing the withdrawal of its military forces. Earlier, the Pentagon spokesman Commander Sean Robertson said that the US is focusing on withdrawing their forces safely.

The SDF said that it is ready to help establish the safe zone that Trump mentioned earlier in Northeastern Syria, stipulating international guarantees of no foreign intervention in the area. Earlier, the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that Turkey is ready to establish a safe zone in Northern Syria if the US was willing to provide the financial and logistics support for it.

Also on Wednesday, the Salvation Government operating in the HTS-controlled areas distributed nearly expired baby formula to local residents and displaced people in the area of ​​Jisr al-Shughur, western Idlib, while activists accused the Salvation Government and the organizations that distributed the baby formula of corruption.

الاخبار المتعلقة

تحرير عبيدة النبواني | ترجمة معن سلطي | تحرير الترجمة Vera Halvorsen 🕔 تم النشر بتاريخ : 17 يناير، 2019 1:11:43 م تقرير دوليعسكريإغاثي وإنساني هيئة تحرير الشام
التقرير السابق
مقتل جنود أمريكان بانفجار تبناه تنظيم "الدولة" شرق حلب ومنظمة تعلق الدعم عن مديريات الصحة
التقرير التالي
"تحرير الشام" تستدعي شخصيات بارزة غرب حلب وأردوغان يقول إن استهداف "التحالف" في منبج ربما يهدف للتأثير على الانسحاب الأمريكي