Shelling kills 194 and injures 759 in ten day period in Eastern Ghouta

تحرير أمنة رياض | ترجمة رند رسلان | تحرير الترجمة Vera Halvorsen 🕔 تم النشر بتاريخ : 10 يناير، 2018 9:04:59 م خبر عسكري جريمة حرب

Turkey - SMART

On Wednesday, the Health Directorate of the Syrian Interim Government said that in the last ten days 194 people have been killed and 759 wounded, including women and children, by artillery shelling on the towns and villages of Eastern Ghouta.

The Directorate said in a statement to SMART that 38 children and 22 women were killed, and the number of wounded children has reached 140, while the number of wounded women has reached 122. The bombing has caused significant damage to properties and infrastructure, and has disrupted the daily life of the inhabitants of Eastern Ghouta.

The Directorate added that "the bombing on Ghouta has never stopped in all of its forms, even in the use of chemical weapons. Complaints have been raised in the United Nationas Security Council without any decision to hold the perpetrators accountable."

The Directorate confirmed that all permits issued by Bashar al-Assad's government and its allies allowing the targeting of military areas among civilians are “a justification for targeting vital infrastructure such as hospitals, schools, public facilities, and markets.”

The Directorate condemns these permits, demanding that international and human rights organizations intervene immediately to stop the military escalation in Eastern Ghouta. The Directorate stressed that they are prepared to receive any international committee wishing to visit the medical centers in Eastern Ghouta to see the reality of the deteriorating medical situation.

The local council of the city of Saqaba in Eastern Ghouta holds the international community responsible for what is happening, from the shelling to the siege, and calls for it to make a move on the matter.

The United Nations said earlier on Wednesday that the escalation of air strikes and ground attacks by the loyalist forces in Eastern Ghouta has killed at least 85 civilians since the beginning of this year.

Eastern Ghouta has been under siege by loyalist forces since 2013, preventing regular access to food and basic services. The entry of food and basic goods into the area is sporadic and insufficient. The siege intensified months ago, resulting in the deaths of many civilians, most of them children, due to malnutrition.

The United Kingdom's ambassador to the UN, Matthew Raycroft, said that the delivery of humanitarian aid to Syrians is a matter of “life or death”.

الاخبار المتعلقة

تحرير أمنة رياض | ترجمة رند رسلان | تحرير الترجمة Vera Halvorsen 🕔 تم النشر بتاريخ : 10 يناير، 2018 9:04:59 م خبر عسكري جريمة حرب
الخبر السابق
قتيل وجرحى بانفجار سيارة لـ"مجلس منبج العسكري" شرق حلب
الخبر التالي
قتلى وجرحى لـ"تحرير الشام" بانفجار عبوة ناسفة في مدينة إدلب