Loyalist forces violate truce in Eastern Ghouta

تحرير أمنة رياض | ترجمة محمد غيث | تحرير الترجمة فرح ناصيف 🕔 تم النشر بتاريخ : 27 فبراير، 2018 12:12:14 م خبر عسكري جريمة حرب

 

Rif Dimashq, SMART

Loyalist forces violated the truce, which Russia announced in Eastern Ghouta. Loyalist forces bombed the towns and cities of Ghouta, killing a child and injuring other civilians.

On Monday, Russia announced a truce for five hours a day in Ghouta. The ceasefire starts at 9 am and ends at 12 pm starting from Tuesday, however, the Russian Reconciliation Center said that the truce includes Duma and Arbin, and the crossing for civilians to exit will be at al-Wafideen Camp. 

The Civil Defense said on their Telegram channel that loyalist artilleries bombed Jisreen, killed a child and bombed residential neighborhoods in Misraba at 10 am, i.e., only an hour after the truce entered into force. The bombing injured civilians. The Civil Defense transported the wounded to near medical clinics.


Activists said that loyalist forces bombed residential neighborhoods in the city of Harasta using surface-to-surface rockets at 9.34 am. A half an hour after, loyalist forces mortared Harasta using three missiles; then loyalist warplanes bombed the town four times.

The bombing of Harasta coincided with another attack on Duma, where no casualties reported. Earlier on Tuesday, loyalist artilleries bombed Duma, killing a woman and a man and injuring other civilians.

Loyalist forces intensified bombing Eastern Ghouta three hours after the Russian truce entered into force. Loyalist helicopters dropped explosive barrels on al-Shifounia and Housh al-Dawahira. Warplanes, which activists suspected to be Russian, bombed Kafr Batna, Hamouria, and Zamalka.

Siraj Mahmoud, the spokesman of the Civil Defense in Rif Dimashq, stated to SMART that loyalist drones, warplanes, and helicopters have never left Eastern Ghouta since truce entered into force. Warplanes bombed residential neighborhoods. 

Mahmoud denied the exit of any civilian through the humanitarian crossing, which Russia announced and confirmed that besieged civilians in Eastern Ghouta refuse to leave.  

On Monday, al-Rahman Corps of the Free Syrian Army(FSA) considered the Russian truce a crime that they cannot be silent about. Jaysh al-Islam said that the truce came to evade the Security Council new resolution. The local Council of Rif Dimashq Governorate refused the truce and said that it aims to dodge and displace civilians.


The Russian-backed truce followed two days of  UN Security Council adopted the 2401 resolution, which included a comprehensive ceasefire for 30 days in Syria, lifting the siege on Ghouta, allowing humanitarian aid, evacuating patients and injured civilians.    

The truce followed two weeks of intense bombings on Eastern Ghouta, killing and injuring hundreds of civilians as well as destroying infrastructure, service, and medical facilities, amidst deteriorated humanitarian situation as civilians hide in underground cellars, which lacks the minimum means of life.

الاخبار المتعلقة

تحرير أمنة رياض | ترجمة محمد غيث | تحرير الترجمة فرح ناصيف 🕔 تم النشر بتاريخ : 27 فبراير، 2018 12:12:14 م خبر عسكري جريمة حرب
الخبر السابق
مقتل 36 عنصرا للنظام في مواجهات مع "جيش الإسلام" بالغوطة الشرقية
الخبر التالي
مظاهرة ضد "تحرير الشام" في مدينة إدلب