Damascus, Syria, July 9, 2018. A model that shows the traditional pilgrimage caravan's lead camel is displayed in the archeological Azm Palace, which lies in the heart of the old city of Damascus and was built in the era of the Damascus Ottoman governor, Asaad Pasha al-Azm, in the year 1749 near the famous Omayyad Mosque. The palace lies on an area of 6,400 square meters and is considered a model of the Damascene traditional architecture with its colored stones and its departments, internal gardens, and water fountains. Te palace was built as a private residence for the governor, and it contains a royal family suite, a guest suite, and a servant lodge. The palace was severely destroyed due to French bombings during the Great Syrian Revolution in 1925. In 1946, the French government handed the palace over to the independent Syrian government, which restored the mansion and turned it into a museum of old favorite Damascene traditions.